The WA Screen Culture Awards celebrate the achievement, innovation and ambition of our local industry.
Established in 2020 by the producers of the Revelation Perth International Film Festival, submissions are now open across 22 categories.
Festival Director Richard Sowada says that “in acknowledging the enormous diversity and breadth of screen practice in Western Australia, the WASCAs are one of the few award events internationally that embrace traditional film and TV forms, VR, AR, moving image art, games, web and commercial production on the same stage and in the same categories.”
In doing so, WASCA organisers look toward highlighting the convergence of forms, audiences and aesthetics as well as signposting WA as a location of innovation and collaboration.
“Now in its third year, the 2022 WASCAs sees the introduction of a new category for Outstanding Performance for Under 18s to recognise the younger generation of local performers,” Sowada continues.
The WASCAs will be held on Sunday 4 December at Luna Palace Cinemas Leederville.
- Narrative Feature Film with budget under $1m
- Narrative Feature Film with budget over $1m
- Feature Documentary / Non Fiction
- Short Film / Animation
- Student Film
- Music Video
- Game Design
- Commercial Content
- Moving Image and Installation Art
- Virtual Reality, 360° or Augmented Reality
- Web Series or Online Content
Outstanding Achievement Awards
- Cinematography or Visualisation
- Performance Under 18s
- Production Design (incl. costume, set design, hair and makeup etc)
- Sound or Sound Design
- Original Music
- Contribution to the Industry
- Independent Spirit Award