Blind Date Music Video Competition
July 11 8:00 pm
Proudly Supported by
Oh Lordy…it’s back on for another year and we can’t wait to get this baby cranking!
Judged live, this night is bound to be something special at the Luna Cinemas as we bring together musicians and filmmakers in this unique creative experiment which in its first year (a couple of years back) had some music clips winning prizes around the world!
The basic idea is this:
- Some of our best local musicians offer up a song or two! See the list and links below.
- Local filmmakers choose a track to make a film clip for and off they go.
- Some bands are keen to appear in the video, some won’t, but our panel will select the best of the bunch to screen at a special gala screening during Revelation – which might also include a live surprise or two!
- Filmmakers can make more than one video and if you’re a musician or band with a song – then submit that into to the mix.
1. Chose a song (there are only 2 separate clips per song).
2. Email the competition ringmaster and mastermind, Jen Jamieson to see if song is available.
3. She’ll tell you if the band is keen to appear in the clip or not.
4. Make a video.
4. Submit by June 8.
5. Come to the screening!
Here’s the list of songs submitted so far with a ton more to come:
- Artificial Colours, Trees Give the Breeze (chill-out, electronic, alternative)
- Artificial Colours, Wonderful Year (chill-out, electronic, alternative)
- Ashes of Autumn, Supernova (Rock) (one filmmaker choice remaining)
- Ashes of Autumn,The Time (Rock)
- Broken Gnomes, Keys To The Car (Alternative)
- Broken Gnomes, Never Really Left You (Alternative)
- CHIP HAZARD, Reemergence (ambient / soundscapes / postrock / neoclassical) (fully allocated – sorry)
- CHIP HAZARD, The River (ambient / soundscapes / postrock / neoclassical)
- DD, Walls (indi)
- DD, Lost At The Beach (Inde/pop) -Donna Simpson
- Derek Lee Goodreid, The Shakes (Psychobilly/Rockabilly)
- Derek Lee Goodreid, Big Bad Wolf (Psychobilly/Rockabilly)
- Donna Simpson, Whats Your Swing (Bluesy, sexy Burlesque)
- Electric State, Riot (Grunge Punk)
- From, Long Ride (Rock)
- Freeko, Positive Touch (Aussie Drill Hip Hop) (one filmmaker choice remaining)
- Furchick, Morning Call (Ambient/experimental, Listening to the morning magpies) (one filmmaker choice remaining)
- Georgia McAlpine, Don’t You Say (Indie/Roots) (fully allocated – sorry)
- Good Kalma, Happy Birthday (Original Alt. Acoustic) – NEW!
- Good news, now we can eat all the vampires, Being Todd Pickett (Trip hop)
- Good news, now we can eat all the vampires, Don’t Bend (Alt-Electro)
- Intrusion, Red Wine (Alternative/rock)
- Intrusion, Washed Away (Alternative/ballad)
- Jeremy Ng, You’ve got Me (Singer songwriter/pop) (fully allocated – sorry)
- Jere Sosa, Lighthouse (dreamy slow-tempo jazz)
- Jere Sosa, Taste of Honey (Flamenco infused Folk with a Beatlish zest)
- Kelea, Evolution (EDM House/power vocals/big and anthemic)
- Kelea, Sand in my Pocket (Alt-Country uptempo)
- King Proteus, Lion (Neo-Fusion Rock (jazz, blues, rock, funk)
- Kollin$ (Joashua Collins), Tab Oh My (Hip-Hop) (one filmmaker choice remaining)
- Liminal Drifter, Child’s Play
- Liminal Drifter, Time Lapse
- Littlehawk, Put Your Hand Up (Indie Psych Rock) (fully allocated – sorry)
- Littlehawk, Alone Again (Indie Psych Rock) (fully allocated – sorry)
- Look Up Head Explodes, Less Lessernaut (Alternative/Prog/Post Rock)
- Look Up Head Explodes, Mabon (Folk/Drone/Stoner)
- Michael D. Lane, Beautiful to Me (Bluesy country folk)
- Michael D. Lane, In New York (Bluesy country folk)
- Midnight Francine, A Song for Sol (Blues/Roots) (one filmmaker choice remaining)
- Midnight Francine, Jezebel (Blues)
- Mossy Fogg, Spider Song (Swamp rock) (one filmmaker choice remaining)
- Mossy Fogg, Weeping Willow (Swamp rock) (one filmmaker choice remaining)
- Mr. E. Mann, Bootstraps (Alternative)
- Nathan Viney, Foxtrot (Feat. Ortaka) (Synth rock / alternative)
- Neeme, Strawberry Fields (Alt Pop/rock) (one filmmaker choice remaining)
- Neeme, Weary Bodies (Alt Pop/rock) (one filmmaker choice remaining)
- Penny Purr & 7Teen, Lost & Lonely (RNB Hip Hop) (one filmmaker choice remaining)
- Plasma Baby, Junction of Jubilee (Up beat love song)
- Plasma Baby, Dang Dang (Quirky young love)
- Randa And The Soul Kingdom, Gonna Get Love (Funk,Soul Rockabilly, Swamp Rock)
- Randa And The Soul Kingdom, Is This It? (Funk, Soul pop rock)
- RAT SALAD, Memory of Feeling (Alt punk rock) (one filmmaker choice remaining)
- RAT SALAD, Bloke (Punk rock)
- Refractory Road, Why Don’t You Leave it Alone (Rock)
- Refractory Road, Walked Out the Room (Rock)
- Rod McGrath, Me and You (Country Rock)
- Rod McGrath, 10 Years Time (Country Rock)
- Rose Manuli, Wouldn’t It Be Nice (Power ballad)
- Rose Manuli, Next To Me (Power ballad)
- Rose Parker, Wide Open Road (Country/folk)
- samarobryn, Tidal Bore (experimental soundscape) (one filmmaker choice remaining)
- samarobryn, An Instrument Made Out of Rain and Dirt (experimental soundscape)
- Sea Swallow, Before (Folk) – NEW! (one filmmaker choice remaining)
- Sea Swallow, Summer Song (Folk) – NEW!
- Skeleton, We Got It Wrong (Alt – Pop)
- Smho, Regress (Lofi / Soft-Trap)
- Smho, Stacking Up (Lofi / RnB) (one filmmaker choice remaining)
- Stuart Orchard, Hymn (folk / ballad)
- Sugar Wife, Born To Lose (Indie-rock)
- Swingin’ at The Savoy, The Man From New Orleans (Swing Jazz)
- Tashi, Fever (Indie pop/funk) (one filmmaker choice remaining)
- The Bloom, Shake Me Loose (Indie rock/pop)
- The Faux, Illuminate (Alternative)
- The Faux, Small Town (Alternative/rock) (one filmmaker choice remaining)
- The Holy Smoke, Cross That River (Alt county / folk / gospel)
- The Terror Adaptors!, Robot 57UT (Ska / Rock)
- Triple Engine, The Little Engine That Couldn’t (Rock) (one filmmaker choice remaining)
- Vile Masque, Worldstar (dark-ambient / powerelectronics)
- Vile Masque, Inheritance (dark-ambient / powerelectronics)
- VISSAC, Nitro
- VISSAC, Midas
- Yomi Ship, Exhumed (psychedelic/ progressive/ instrumental) (one filmmaker choice remaining)
- Yomi Ship, Kawataro Spring (psychedelic/ progressive/ instrumental)
- XaviourX, Know ThySelf (Orchestral Ballad)
- XaviourX, Earth (Reggae)
- Xrash Gates, 100 Degrees (Alternative Indie)
- Xrash Gates, Passion (Alternative Indie)