CITY OF VINCENT FILM COMPETITION
Developer notes to the user
- Titles should be h4's to keep the site consistent
- If replacing an image make sure it has the same width. (Double click to find out size)
- This message will not be shown when published
2018 WINNERS ANNOUNCED!
For 2018 we're partnering with our long-term friends the City of Vincent in a unique filmmaking initiative - and the lucky recipients have been announced.
The winning films are:
The buzz around local Beeman, Carl Maxwell, isn’t for nothing - he’s the best in the business - and that’s because he can communicate with the local honeybee population. The Beeman follows one man’s crusade to save the honeybees, one hive at a time.
Producer Cody Greenwood, Directors Samantha Marlowe and Frances Elliott
Neon signs are everywhere in cities around the world. They liven the sky and streets with colour and atmosphere. In Perth, WA neon bending is a dying art. But one young man is taking on an apprenticeship that could change that.
Producer Rachael Karotkin, Director Matt Sav
Ghosts Of Vincent
An expository-participatory documentary that looks at historical people and venues within the area of the City of Vincent. The film investigates the legend of ‘Kanga’ the ghost who haunts the newly renovated Leederville hotel, but also focuses on other venues and locations of interest in the Vincent area.
Producer Paul Vanleigh Shout, Director Kimberly McGivern
Successful applicants will commence production in January, and the three completed films will screen as part of the 2018 Revelation Perth International Film Festival in July. In an added bonus for filmmakers, their works be available to international audiences through REVonDEMAND – Revelation’s own on-demand platform.
The aims of the Film Project are to:
- Produce three short documentaries which will be screened at the 2018 Revelation Film Festival
- Provide the City of Vincent with an ongoing record of the City, its residents and their stories
- Provide early career filmmakers with the opportunity to make a short documentary film that demonstrates their filmmaking talents and provides a useful step into the screen industry
It's a great opportunity for filmmakers and all types and we've got $5,000 to successful applicants so take a look at the guidelines and get those creative juices flowing!
If you want to torture yourself, take a look at the Guidelines here!
Proudly presented in association with: