ENTRIES NOW CLOSED.
In partnership with the City of Vincent, Revelation Film Festival is running 2021/22 City of Vincent Film Project to create a series of short documentaries made in and about the City of Vincent.
The City of Vincent is looking for stories in and about Vincent! The City has a wealth of subject matter – local characters, urban legends, extraordinary community groups doing amazing things, local history, businesses that serve the community in special ways plus facilities and parks that hold special meanings to our community.
Projects must be in the documentary genre, but can be comedic, dramatic or animated. Films must be between 5 and 10 minutes in length including credits and suitable for screening at all age events. Up to three projects will be selected for funding. Support consists of a cash component of $7,000 plus a documentary master class, mentoring during the development, production and post-production phases. All projects must be shot in the City of Vincent.
The successful films will screen at a special gala during the 25th annual Revelation Perth International Film Festival taking place 7 – 17 July 2022 at Luna Palace Cinemas Leederville.
The deadline for submissions is Monday 15 November 2021.
- Applicants must be early-career filmmakers with no long-form broadcast credits
- Applicants must not have received funding from previous years Film Project
- The Writer, Director and Producer must all be West Australian residents
(lived in WA for at least 6 months and be on the WA electoral role at the
time of submitting their application)
- The Film Project is open to applicants of all ages
- Applicants cannot be considered from individuals in default of previous
contractual obligations with Revelation Film Festival or the City of Vincent
- Applicants must be available to fully commit to the initiative, including mentoring process and must be able to deliver the film by the deadline
- Preference will be given to City of Vincent residents
- Successful applicants cannot screen films prior to the screening at the 2022 Revelation Film Festival, and agree to screen the films via the City’s website and any preferred platforms 18 months after the completion of the films
- Successful applicants will be required to sign an agreement with Revelation Film Festival